Improve operational efficiency, uncover new growth opportunities and reduce business risk
The way energy is sourced, generated and supplied to businesses is changing. With ever-increasing demand, escalating costs and relentless pressure on the grid, businesses need to think smarter and start looking for alternative energy sources.
Many are already turning to renewable technologies but there’s still an issue of intermittent supply, so the ability to store generated energy is vital. The advancement of lower-cost, longer-life storage technologies means that batteries are now a viable, effective option.
What is Battery Storage?
High-powered lithium-ion battery storage systems can provide sufficient long-lasting energy to buildings and vehicles. They can even help regenerate the grid by exporting excess power. Battery systems from Centrica Business Solutions are fully scalable, can be recharged using renewables or the grid, and can help provide your business with a number of financial, operational and environmental benefits.
The benefits to your business
- Stores your surplus energy
- Ensures site resilience if the grid fails
- Reduce costs by recharging during low-demand periods
- Powers your operations during high-cost periods
- Can use demand side response to export excess battery charge to the grid
- Generates revenue by selling excess energy to the short-term power market